General Application

My parents live in another country or are not citizens, do I still have to report their information?

Yes, you still have to report their personal and financial information until you meet the dependency requirements to be an Independent student. If your parent earned foreign income and/or filed foreign taxes, please make sure to convert their income information into U.S. dollars. If your parents do not have social security numbers enter all zeroes (000-00-0000) for that question on the FAFSA or DREAM Act application.

Mail this page!

Was this helpful?